Partial refunds can be applied across all invoices. To apply a partial refund:
- Navigate to the patient's profile
- Click on 'Invoices'
- Click on the invoice you would like to process a refund on
- Click 'Process Refund' next to the payment you would like to refund under 'Payment History'
- Edit the text box to indicate how much you would like to refund
- Click the green 'Process Refund for $XXXX' button
- The invoice will now show as issued. You can either apply a different form of payment to the balance or you can revise the invoice to show that the amount refunded is not due
- To apply a different form of payment to the balance, follow the directions here
- To revise the amount of the invoice so there is nothing due:
- Click 'Revise Invoice'
- From the drop down menu click 'Revise Amount'
- In the box that appears adjust the amount of the charge item(s) to equal the amount that has been paid
- Click 'Decrease by $XXXX'
The invoice will now show as paid.
How long do refunds take to process?
- Credit card refunds can take up to 2 days to process
- ACH or bank refunds will take up to 5 business days to process