To add an extra layer of security to your account, you can require users to enter a one-time authentication code in addition to their password when logging in. Enabling this on your users page will require all the users in your Hint account to enable two-factor authentication in order to access Hint.
How to Enable two-factor authentication for all of the users in your Hint account:
- Click 'Admin'
- From the drop down menu click 'Account'
- Click the 'Users' tab
- The top section labelled "Security" will ask you to to enabling MFA by clicking on the blue "here" link which will bring you to a new Google Authenticator page
5. You will need to follow the directions for enabling this by downloading the Google Authenticator app to your phone via Google Play Store or Apple App Store
6. After setting up your Google Authenticator app, follow the directions to add Hint to your account by clicking the + button from the phone app and scanning the barcode on your computer screen
7. Next you'll need to input the 6 digit code from your phone to the web browser bar under the barcode
8. Once the authentication is complete, you will be able to require multi-factor authenticator by turning on the "require multi-factor authentication (MFA)" section from the "Users" page (picture from Step 4).
9. Doing so will require each user to open their Google Authenticator app and input a new six digit code in addition to their password upon logging in to Hint
If you'd like to enable two-factor authentication for a single users:
- Login to Hint
- Click on your name in the upper right corner
- Click enable MFA
- Follow the on screen instructions outlined above