To remove a patient from an employer-sponsored membership and begin them on a consumer membership, first remove their coverage with the employer:
- Navigate to Employer and find the patient on the 'Employees' tab
- Click manage and 'Unenroll' to the right of the patient's name
- To make the patient ineligible effective immediately, select an end date in the past
Now you can enroll the patient on a new consumer membership:
- From the patient chart, select the 'Memberships' tab
- Click '+ New Membership'
- When you create this new membership, you can change the membership start date and bill date, as necessary, and add adult and child dependents (**note: if you're getting an overlapping membership error you need to set a future start date that doesn't overlap with their employer coverage)
- After membership is configured, scroll down and click 'Create' or 'Create and Bill Now'