When a payment on an invoice fails, Hint has an automated collections process to ensure you can get paid by your members without manual intervention.
For Auto-Pay Credit Cards:
- A scheduled payment is attempted on the due date of the invoice (attempt #1)
- If it fails, Hint will retry that card in 24 hours (attempt #2)
- If attempt #2 fails, Hint will retry the card in 48 hours (attempt #3)
- If attempt #3 fails, Hint will send an email to the patient (first email to patient)
- If the patient responds and adds a card within 7 days, Hint will auto-process the payment
- If the patient doesn’t respond after 7 days, Hint will attempt to charge the card once more (attempt #4)
- If attempt #4 fails, Hint will send a final follow-up email to the patient, and send a notification to the practice users about the failed payment. The status of the invoice will also transition out of “retrying” back to “issued”.
- The emails to the patients are sent after 3 days and after 10 days from the initial attempt, for all cards.