If your organization needs access to deferred or accrued revenue reporting, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to use the monthly deferred revenue dashboard
- Click “Filters” on the top band of this page.
- Select a month from the “HistoricalMonths” filter.
- To see exact totals per category, hover over the corresponding bar in the chart below.
- Deferred revenue is a liability on the balance sheet that represents a prepayment by its customers (e.g., an annual membership payment).
- Earned revenue is when the service paid for is delivered to the customer during the service period.
- Earned revenue plus deferred revenue will be equal to the total amount paid during the specified period.
- Accrued revenue indicates revenue from income that was once deferred has now been recognized.
Report Calculations Explained
Recognized & deferred revenue calculates revenue that is not recognized on the transaction date of the charge but is instead deferred across future months over a certain period of time. The calculation takes the most recent membership invoice for charges with a duration of more than a month and allocates the revenue into monthly portions over the duration of the charge. Each full month will be allocated the same amount of revenue.
Example: a $1,200 annual membership billed on April 16th, 2020 will be split and recognized in the following months:
April 16th - 30th, 2020 (.5 month): $50
May 2020 - March 2021: $100 each month
April 1st - 15th, 2021 (.5 month): $50