We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • John Burke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi All,

I have a start-up company assisting doctors in educating patients and growing the DPC segment of the practice which plans on collecting monthly subscription fees.

The challenge is how to deliver/disburse said fees to each doctor while remaining compliant. I'm not quite sure Quick Books is the missing link in the funnel but would like to get your feedback on this matter.

Thanks!

JB

• Bruce Jung commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At The Doc Shoppe we would really like to have a degree of QBO integration with Hint. We understand that the desired degree (or tightness) of integration will vary from practice to practice. At the very least it would be nice to have our monthly "batch" deposit placed in QBO bank account with the appropriate expenses (Hint and Stripe) as separate line items in a "split" transaction Cureently I go into the QBO transaction and make negative (-) split transactions so that I can monitor and follow my expenses. I think this would be the first step in an API or integration.
    We are not a HIPAA covered entitiy so that part is not a big deal to us, although I am sure it is important for Hint and other providers.

• Larry Riddle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, what's the status of developing QB integration? This is a critical component as our volume expands

• Reildo Souza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where is the integration QB and Hint??? We are considering moving our membership management to QB online... But would be easier to have the integration.

• AdminJonathan at Hint (Admin, Hint Health) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We recognize how important this feature is, and will definitely implement a QB integration. This will probably be released in Q2, Q3 at the latest.

There are generally two ways we could implement this integration:
    1. A csv file download from Hint that is compatible with QB and you could easily import into QB. This file will probably two line items per deposit, one for the gross revenue, and one for the expenses (fees).

2. An actual API integration with quickbooks. The end result will be similar to 1, but you won't have to do any downloading/uploading. However, you might potentially lose some of the visibility that you'd get with an export/import process.

Would you prefer to see us implement 1 or 2?

• Kimberly Nalda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I, too, am looking for an easy way to reconcile the cash box, and bank account at the end of the month. The numbers are already in Hint, they just need to be aggregated by date range and downloadable into QBX or other format to import. There is no patient data in the summary form so there are no issues with HIPAA. Please have one easy report with these features added.

• Rudi Kauffman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are increasingly finding Hint's non-integration with Quickbooks to be extremely problematic. We have been advised that duplicate record keeping (in our case Excel from Hint and Quickbooks) is potentially quite costly as recording methods makes unification of books to to varying dates, amounts, etc. extremely difficult.. We need to decide whether to keep our accountant and QuickBooks (which are foundational to our record-keeping and integrates with our bank and other services quite nicely) or Hint by the end of August to prepare for the coming year.

• Rhea Campbell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this happen. Currently, we use the import function to get Hint income and Expense information into Quickbooks. I am wondering if anyone else just does a manual entry for the total monthly income and then the total monthly expense and then reconciles with their bank statement? So only two entries per month instead of each individual de-identified patient monthly income and expense being entered line by line.

• Jessica Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All my transactions come into QB once they are deposited in my bank account. Doesn't have the individual patient info/amount though. Decided it will be easier to just look up questions directly in Hint. Just curious what extra info people want to get out of the integration? (I totally understand if your bank account doesn't sync with QB as well...)

• Dean Sperry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to make sure that Subscription charges and Hint/Stripe fees come over as separate transactions so that QBO has both a revenue item and and expense item

Feedback and Knowledge Base