To create a new employer:
- Select 'Employers' from the menu at the top right of your screen
- Select '+ New Employer' in the upper right hand corner
- Name your employer and select a default plan
- Then select 'Create New Employer'
There are a number of ways employees can be enrolled:
- Employers have an eligibility file they share with you. You can upload it by following these directions or manually add employees and dependents following these directions. The employer can then share the 'Employee Signup Link' with employees and they can choose to enroll or not. When the employee enrolls from online signup and we find a match on first name, last name and date of birth, we will automatically enroll that employee. If we do not find a match, we will email the company admin to approve the enrollment.
- Employers have an list of employees and dependents they know will be enrolled. You can upload that list following these directions or manually add them following these directions. There is no action needed from the employees
- The employer can share the 'Employee Signup Link' directly with their employees. In this situation all employees would come in with a 'Needs Approval' status and you or the employer would have to review and approve before anyone would be enrolled
Often employers limit the number of dependents they are covering. If an employee self enrolls, it will automatically limit the number of dependents they can add based on the limit set in this section. If you (the practice) or a Company Admin manually adds a dependent the limit here will not be applied.
Enrollment Cutoff Day
The enrollment cutoff day is used to determine the date that an employee should be enrolled on.
Hint only enrolls employees as patients on the first of the month. However, if an employee is added mid-month, some employers will want to pay for this month's membership so the individual can receive care immediately, while others want to wait until the start of the following month.
The enrollment cutoff day is used to support these varying employer preferences. By default, it is set to the 1st of the month. If an employee is added before the cutoff date their membership will start on the 1st of the current month. If added after the cutoff date, their membership will start on the 1st of the following month. In both cases their employer will be billed accordingly.
If employees are self enrolling, you can either not ask for provider, make it optional, require it or default to whatever the setting is for the practice as a whole (which is defined here).
If you would like all employees under an employer to be automatically assigned to a specific provider, you can define who that should be in this section.
Learn more about employer divisions here.