There can be many reasons for a failed or unsuccessful charge. View the invoice payment history for more detailed information.
To begin from a Report, click the invoice # in question to view the invoice:
To begin from a Patient's Profile, click on the 'Invoices' tab and then select the invoice in question:
The following Invoice payment statuses will be viewable:
- Issued - awaiting payment either as a one-off charge or a future membership invoice
- No payment info - awaiting a payment method or to be mark as paid with cash or check
- Bank Not Verified - the patient needs to verify the account to process the charge
- Clearing - the patient's bank may take a 3-5 business days to complete the transfer
- Retrying - our system is retrying the charge against a payment method on file
- Failed - the charge was declined by the credit card or bank processor Suggested Fixes:
- add a new payment source
- click Retry to retry the charge with the payment method on file
Payment Status History
You can review a payment status history at the bottom of the invoice. If there have ever been any failed attempts, they will be shown in this section.