If your practice regularly prorates membership fees, creating time-based charge items allows you to easily calculate prorations right from the invoice in Hint:
- Click on 'Admin' at the top right menu bar
- Click on 'Charges & Taxes'
- Click '+New Item'
- Type in the charge item name e.g. 'Prorated Monthly Membership Dues'
- Select from the unit of measure drop-down menu 'Month'
- Type in the price of $0 or if you only have one age tier, type in your monthly membership rate
- Select the category 'Memberships'
- Click 'Create'
Navigate back to the patient's profile in Hint:
- Click on 'Invoices'
- Click '+New Invoice'
- Type in charge item name e.g. 'Prorated Monthly Membership Dues'
- If the current price is $0, change it to the total monthly price for that patient
- Click on the charge item dates and select the number of days you'd like to charge the patient for
- Click 'Issue Invoice'
- Click 'process payment' or 'received payment' to apply payment on the invoice