1. How much does it cost to get my card reader?
- We require that you use a Stripe card reader (Verifone P400) which you will order through Hint. Each card reader will cost you $299 + tax and shipping. If you already have a Stripe card reader, you do not need to purchase a new one. You can place an order here.
2. Is there a transaction fee associated with using a card reader?
- Nope! Your current transaction fees will not be affected by the usage of a card reader in any way.
- As a reminder, you can review your transaction fees by clicking Admin then selecting Account. From here, choose the Billing tab and hover your mouse over the blue question mark, under your billing plan.
3. Does my card reader have a chip reader as well?
- Yep! Your card reader will be able to accept both card swiping or chips.
4. How does the card reader connect to the internet?
- There are two ways you can connect your reader to the internet, WiFi and Ethernet cables. Learn more about how to set each of these up by clicking here.
5. If this can be hooked up to WiFi, does that mean I can take it with me to conferences or at-home visits?
- So long as you can find a secure connection, yes. Just keep in mind not all public places allow for full public internet access so be sure to check with the patient or venue before taking it with you.
6. Do I have to process a transaction to add a card?
- Nope! You can use the card reader to simply save a payment source on file, rather than typing it in manually or asking your patient to do so from home. Click this link here to find out how.
7. Who can I call when I need help with my card reader?
- The Hint Customer Success team is here to help with any questions or troubleshooting you may face. Reach us at 415-854-6338 or by emailing our team at Support@Hint.com