If you plan on charging a registration fee every time a patient renews their membership, you'll want to add it as a recurring fee.
Charge items and discounts can be pre-defined in 'Charges & Taxes' under the Admin section. There is also the ability to assign categories, making it easy to filter charges in revenue and payment reports by categories to segment out membership and non-membership charges.
To add a recurring charge item to a membership:
- Navigate to the patient's profile in Hint
- Click 'edit membership'
- Scroll down to the 'Additional Charges' section
- Click 'Add Charge'
- Enter in the charge item name and amount or select from preloaded charge items in the dropdown menu
- Select how many times the charge/discount should bill on the membership (ie. once a year)
- Click 'update' at the bottom of the page
Check out or videos walking you through this here.
When membership invoices are auto produced, the invoice will include any recurring charge items or discounts that are included on the membership page. These recurring charge items will continue to bill along side the membership charges until the duration expires, the charge item is removed or the membership is terminated.