While reviewing an Eligibility Autosync file, you may encounter errors or warnings.
What is an error?
An error is the result of invalid data that is preventing Hint from processing a row in an eligibility file. The error prevents Hint from creating or updating the patient chart and membership.
What is a warning?
A warning is the result of invalid data that is not critical to creating or updating the patient chart or membership. Hint will still process the file row but ignore the invalid data fields (e.g. Hint will still create the patient chart but will not update the email field if the email address is invalid).
This document is meant to provide an overview of the most common error and warning messages and what actions may be taken to resolve errors and warnings.
- A 'failure' means the file has completely failed to process, usually because an unknown column was added or a required column is missing or was renamed. Hint usually resolves file failures quickly - but if you do not see a success message within 24 hours, please contact Hint at email@example.com.
New file on Disabled Feed Enroller
- This message occurs if we haven't turned on the automatic processing; when we first set up an AutoSync, we do not enable automatic processing until we've successfully processed a file. Hint will usually review and process the file quickly - but if you do not see a success message within 24 hours, please contact Hint at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Missing patients (#): There are patients in Hint that were not in the file. Click 'View >' to see a list of missing patients.
- Terminated by omission (#): Patients missing from the file were terminated by omission. Click 'View >' to see a list of terminated patients.
- Failure to terminate: there are a significantly high number of missing patients, please verify file for missing data: The number of missing patients for this company exceeds the limit. If the file is correct and the list is small enough, you can terminate the members manually. Otherwise, contact Hint.
- Failed unenrollments (#): Hint was unable to terminate the patient because the membership is pending. To resolve, manually delete or end the membership.
Contact Hint Support at email@example.com to help resolve the following errors:
- Unable to change subscribers on billed dependents
- Could not process enrollment: Validation failed: Employee is not currently enrolled
- Validation failed: Subscriber already has a company account for [Company Name]
- No account/registration found for subscriber id: [Subscriber ID]
- Could not process enrollment: The dependent plan must match the employee plan
- Could not process enrollment: Validation failed: Next bill date must be after [Date], Bill date can't be before the start date, Bill date can't be set that far in the past
- Could not process enrollment: Validation failed: Memberships can't restart if plans changed. Previous plan: [plan]
- Could not process enrollment: Validation failed: [Company name] does not allow custom plans per employee, default plan is [default plan]
- Pending data match for [Company Name] company
The following errors can managed without contacting Hint, but as always, if you have any trouble please contact us--we’re happy to help!
Could not process enrollment: Validation failed: Employee is not eligible to enroll
- This error arises on the employee when the system tries to enroll an existing patient but they have been marked as ineligible in Hint.
- How to Resolve: Find out by who and why the patient was marked ineligible. If this employee should be ineligible, check with the entity providing the file why the employee is still on the file. If the employee should be enrolled, mark them eligible and enroll them.
Could not process enrollment: Membership End Date is before start date
- This error arises when a patient's membership has already been billed but the file indicates it was cancelled prior to the start of coverage.
- How to Resolve: Manually terminate/delete the membership.
[Name of Column] is required
- This error arises when a patient has a null or invalid value in a required column.
- How to Resolve: Ask the entity providing the file to update the possible values based on Hint's restrictions. If you can determine how the patient should be created and enrolled despite the missing information, feel free to do so.
- This error arises when the system finds multiple demographic matches to the patient in the file.
- How to Resolve: Merge the duplicate patient charts.
End Date Discrepancy: Patient in file does not have an end date whereas patient in Hint is in their last billing period.
- This error arises when the patient has a NULL end date in the file but their membership is ending in Hint.
- How to Resolve: Check if the previous file had an end date on the patient. If it did, then reactivate the membership. If it did not, then a practice or employer staff member manually ended the membership. Reach out to them to find out whether the person should be reactivated or not. Contact Hint with questions.
Could not process enrollment: Validation failed: Memberships can't overlap. Current membership ends [End Date].
- This error arises when an active membership with no end date in the file starts after the membership in Hint with an end date.
- How to Resolve: Restart the membership in Hint.
[Patient Name] has an active membership.
- This error arise when a patient is already enrolled in an active membership.
- How to Resolve: Check the patient's current membership - if it's a non-sponsored/retail membership, then decide whether to terminate that membership and set the person up on the sponsored membership. If the patient is on a sponsored membership with a different company, contact Hint.
Validation failed: SSN number has already been taken
- This error arises when patients in the file share the same SSN.
- How to Resolve: Confirm with the entity generating the file the correct SSN.
As a reminder, file rows are still processed if there is a warning but Hint ignores the field that produced the warning.
The following warnings can all be resolved by contacting the entity generating the file to confirm the correct data. After you get the correct data, you can then manually update the field on the patient's chart in Hint or wait for the next upload to fix the data:
- Member start date cannot change on a billed membership.
- [Phone Type] Phone is not valid
- Email Validation: Hint could not update patient's email because the email is invalid.
- Email Validation: Hint could not update patient's email because it is not unique within the company's subscribers.
- Dependent cannot have a membership start date before the subscriber.
- [Last 4] is not a valid SSN
Additional warnings you may come across are as follows:
Membership End Date in the file is in the past. Hint terminated the membership with a current end date. Please review what invoice adjustments may be needed.
- This warning arises when the patient's end date is prior to the first of the current month.
- How to Resolve: Determine whether you want to refund the employer then add a credit to the invoice.
Pending data match for [Division Name] division
- This warning arises when the patient's division does not match any division in Hint.
- How to Resolve: Contact Hint.
This row was ignored as it is a duplicate to processed row #
- This warning arises on the duplicate patient row that was ignored in favor of another row.
- How to Resolve: There isn't really a need to resolve this but if you have questions or don't think the row should've been ignored, contact Hint.