If you are participating in a DPC network on Hint, you can expect to see the following changes unique to patient records being sent from the network:
- Sync Icon on the top of the chart
- Limited access to editing the patient's demographics (phone, email and address) and read-only memberships access
- Employer assignment on the patient chart with the network's name
- A new 'Affiliation' tab on the patient's chart
The affiliation tab provides details about the patients sponsored status including if they are covered by an employer or retail membership. If the patient is on a retail membership, we'll also display the payment status so you know if the patient has an unpaid balance with the DPC network:
In addition to these changes to the appearance of the patient's chart, you will also see the following:
- Your 'Employers' section will be renamed 'Sponsors'
- A new Sponsors group called the network's name will appear alongside your employers
Invoices for what is owed to you by the DPC network will appear under this network sponsor:
Adding a charge to an affiliate invoice
In some cases, certain charges are passed back upstream from the affiliate clinic to the DPC network. An example of this would be cost of labs included in membership fees or co-pays. If there are charges you need to send to the DPC network for reimbursement, follow these steps:
- Click on the network name in your 'Sponsors' section
- Click on the 'invoices' tab
- Click into the unpaid or draft invoice you'd like to add a charge to
- Click on '+ adjustment'
- Add the charge details
- Click 'add charge'
Auditing the affiliate invoice
To audit that you have received payment from the DPC Network:
- Click into the Sponsor
- Click on the invoice you received payment for
- Click the blue 'Mark as Paid'
- Enter the check # and date the payment was received
An affiliate can mark an invoice as paid upon receiving payment or a network can mark the invoice as paid upon sending payment. The status on the invoice will change to paid in both accounts regardless of who marks the invoice as paid.